Victor is a Law Society Accredited Family Law Specialist. He was admitted to practise in December 1993 and has been with Calvin Nelson & Co since October 1997.
He is constantly improving his education and holds a Master of Applied Law (Family Law).This Masters degree has provided a deeper appreciation of the dynamics of the Family Law legislation, concerning both married and de-facto couples, (including same sex) which he has been able to skilfully use advantageously for the benefit of his clients.
Victor can give you comprehensive practical professional advice in the following areas of Family/Defacto law:
- Mediated /Negotiated financial and child settlements: resulting in non litigated outcomes which conclude with neither party attending Court.
- Property/Spousal Maintenance Matters: cases involving the division of assets to more the complex matters involving Superannuation, Trusts, inheritances and other windfall gains, family businesses, partnerships and companies. Victor also can advise in regards to spousal maintenance on both an urgent basis and long term basis.
- Children Matters: cases involving disputes as to where the child shall live and see, the issue of Passports, change of name, relocation, family violence and abuse of children, and, also urgent matters involving living arrangements for children.
- Child Support Matters: issues regarding paternity, reviews of Child Support Assessments, and, advice on Child Support Agreements.
- Pre-Nuptial and Binding Financial Agreements: before, during and after separation.
Victor appreciates the costs and stress associated with Court proceedings and uses his experience and knowledge, in all areas of the Law, to achieve favourable out of court settlements.
Victor has a wealth of experience, being a practitioner of over 20 years, in areas of Law including:
- Property Transactions: all types of conveyancing, commercial and retail leases, sale and purchase of businesses.
- Estate and Succession Planning: drafting Wills, Powers of Attorney and Enduring Guardians.
- Estates: all works in obtaining Probate and Letters of Administration, and attending to claims upon Disputed Wills/Estates.
- Local Court: Drink Driving, Domestic Violence, Assault, Stealing, Fraud/Embezzlement and ALL areas of Criminal and Motor Traffic Offence.